DISOUROS is a powerful and advanced acoustic processor for detecting, locating and tracking submarine threats from combat ships using a low-frequency dipping sonar and passive sonobuoys. It provides multistatic processing and interoperability between the different ASW platforms involved: corvettes, frigates, helicopters, MPA aircraft.
DISOROS permits a wider area of coverage on a typical ASW mission.
integrated operation – dipping sonar and sonobuoys
DISOUROS combines the processing and operation of passive and active sonobuoys (both digital and analogic) with the dipping sonar from the helicopter. The result is a versatile system which provides your navy with the state of the art technology in ASW missions.
The combined use of sonobuoys and dipping sonar increases the detection range and improves the precision in the localization of the submarine threats, decreasing the number of acoustic sensors typically needed during an ASW mission.
All the ASW platforms deployed see the same tactical information.
DISOUROS integrates tactical information from acoustic and non-acoustic sensors into a common operational tactical panel.
On the one hand, information from the dipping sonar and sonobuoys is shared between ship and helicopter. On the other, the mission’s tactical and intelligence information is shared with all the ASW resources deployed through Line of Sight (LOS) or Satellite (SATCOM) communication.
The operator has all the information and displays, analysis and alarms at his disposal that will allow him to detect and track submarine threats with a maximum efficiency.
Furthermore, thanks to this system, the information is shared between all the ASW platforms. The result is more agile and centralized decision-making.
Configuration adapted to the mission and ASW platforms.
As specialists in underwater acoustics, we have developed a system with high-processing capabilities and localization tools such as mutiestastism and energy plot. In addition, we can adapt the system to the customer’s precise needs: type of operation, number and types of buoys, system size.
Its open and modular architecture, enables us to offer different configurations depending on each specific case and also add new capabilities.
The DISOUROS combines the autonomy and endurance of a combat ship and the flexibility, velocity and mobility of an aerial vehicle.
The system is divided into two segments – AS (Airborne Segment) and SS (Surface Segment):
- DISOUROS-AS: installed in aerial vehicles. It receives tactical and acoustic information from deployed sensors (sonobuoys and dipping sonar), processing them in an integrated way and relays the result via datalink (STANAG 7085) to the combat ship.
- DISOUROS-SS: controls and monitors ASW operation from the combat ship. In addition to implementing the ship-to-helicopter (S2H) communication, this segment adds ship-to-ship (S2S) and satellite-to-satellite (S2SAT) communication. These modes of communication allow tactical, acoustic and intelligence information to be exchanged between the platforms deployed. It forms a Common Operational Picture.
- Multistatic analysis
- Processing of Low-frequency Dipping Sonar (< 2KHz)
- Acoustic signal processing of sonobuoys (Analog & Digital).
- Control of sonobuoys deployed by UHF commands.
- On-board recording (according STANAG 4283 Ed.6) of acoustic and tactical data of the deployed sonobuoys.
- Fast post-mission acoustic signal analysis (FTAS). Different play speeds (x16, x1, x1/4) of the SBYs recorded during the ASW mission.
- Wide set of tools and aids for mission planning, direction and control during all the mission phases: briefing, mission execution, de-briefing.
- Ground Support Equipment (GSE) available to load/unload mission data (acoustic and tactical data). It allows make reports for maintenance and update versions.
Network Centric Warfare:
- Communication Surface-To-Helo (S2H): from the DISOUROS-AS tactical, intelligence and acoustic information is transmitted through a data link (STANAG 7085). Furthermore, the system sends the data from the Electro-optical and the RADAR.
- Communication Surface-To-Surface (S2S): tactical and intelligence information is interchanged between surface platforms, allowing a better coordination of ASW mission.
- Communication Surface-To-Satellite (S2SAT): tactical and intelligence information is interchanged beyond LOS (Line Of Sight) capability through a satellite network.
GROUND SUPPORT SYSTEM
DISOUROS is a system completely integrated with the FTAS mission support system. All intelligence and acoustic information, both form the dipping sonar and from the sonobuoys, is recorded and transmitted through a data link (STANAG 7085) for debriefing and post-mission analysis.